- Excitement for all the YAHOO users out there. Yahoo now works better than before. Ourpad now holds onto the yahoo session for a much longer time.
- Site Manager added for the iPhone version and also made it better for the iPad.
- A NEW lock mechanism that everyone loves to use on their iDevices. The PIN lock. Users can choose between a lock pattern and a PIN.
- Added stability.
- Improved performance.
- Added some new user settings.
- Added support and compatibility for many more sites.
- Added support for HTTP Authentication, the kind that slides up from the bottom and you have to put in a login and password. Ourpad will enter the password for you for these situations as well.
We have add many new features in the latest version (1.6) of Our Pad. Some of those features are listed here.
- Facebook Integration: You can now update your status, share photos and links directly from Our Pad. Also if you are viewing a link or article that someone else shared with you, you can re-share it from Our Pad. We have tried to provide the features in Our Pad that are missing from the general browser experience when accessing Facebook.
- Lock Pattern Recovery: Can’t remember what your lock pattern was when you set it? If you provided an accurate email address when you first created your User in Our Pad, then Our Pad will send you an email with your lock pattern. This is sent to you securely with encryption.
- Retina Support: We have updated the UI to support iPad 3 to give you a better experience.
- Many More Sites Supported: Our Pad version 1.6 now supports many websites. If you don’t see a website that is in the Our Pad repository, then simply add it using the “Add a Site” features.
Once again, we value our customers opinions and suggestions. If you have a feature that you would like to see in Our Pad, please send us a note. We will add your request to our queue so that it can evaluated and slated for a future release.
A WikiHow article on how to share an iPad.
Having trouble accessing your Yahoo account using OurPad? There were some changes introduced in iOS5.1 which Apple is currently investigating. iOS 5.1.1 didn’t fix the issue either. Regardless, to fix Yahoo, we had to implement a “workaround” solution which is available in OurPad 1.5.
So the solution is to simply make sure you are using the latest iOS version AND OurPad 1.5.
Turn up the sound and dance to it!.
When we first released Our Pad for iPad, we had some customers ask us if we were ever going to have the app available for the iPhone and iPod Touch. We hadn’t planned on it, simply because an iPhone and iPod is more of a personal device. However, we did understand the need for a ‘one-handed’ signin solution (without having to type in a password) for those smaller devices as well. Therefore we created Our Pad Mini. Also available on the Appstore. Best of all it’s FREE!.
At first glance, Our Pad Mini is still utilizing features from Our Pad 1.4. We do plan to upgrade that to support multiple tabs and the ability to add your own websites in the future and work is being done to support that.
The DailyAppShow folks did a demo for us. Here it is on YouTube. Now remember folks this is version 1.4 which is an older version. We do not have a version 1.5.1 demo available right now, but we will have one soon. There are some major differences between 1.4 and 1.5.1. The screenshots speak for the differences as well.
We just setup a blog so that we can post tips and tricks and announcements directly here for all our customers.